Should we have a custom design?
What is a custom design?
- A custom design starts with a graphic designer who creates a from-scratch theme
- A developer then takes this theme and ‘slices’ it (element by element) and turns it into code so that it displays on a webpage
What is a quality design?
- We call a ‘quality design’ one that is based off of a customizable, premium theme.
- It can still have basic elements changed like colors, fonts, some limited repositioning of elements, etc.
What is a stock design?
There are many hobbyist entry points for stock templates. They will have limited customization options.
Which level of design do I need?
It depends on your goals:
- If you want a personal blog or are just experimenting with a hobby to see if you can make money with it, a stock design is a fine place to start
- If you need a good theme but your audience won’t care about nuance, a quality design (premium theme) is a good option.
- If you feel the details of design elements are an important part of communicating with your audience, then a custom design is the way to go